Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Want this Job

During this week I was ask by DES Job Fair organizers here in Aalborg to do some short photo reportage documenting the event where students from the university meet with companies in order to establish connections. Here is one of my favourite photos I took. I was working completely with ambient light only as I didn't want to disturb the atmosphere with my on-camera flash which was moreover impossible to bounce (ceiling more than 20m high) and off-camera flash would attract too much attention. I found my scene from a distance, set the camera to manual in order to have consistent exposures and then took several frames to get the right expression. On the photo above I like that it has a clear foreground and background and the main two objects in the middle are nicely separated by a shallow depth of field. This creates a feel of dimension. Shooting at ISO 2500 is absolutely no problem, after a slight noise reduction in Lightroom 3 the photos look like shot at ISO 400 on my Canon 40D. Camera spec: Canon 5D mark ii with Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II at 70mm, F3.2 @ 1/100, ISO 2500.

No comments: