Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Belly Dancer

I wrote in my profile that I am interested in creative lighting techniques but the pictures I have posted in my blog so far used mainly natural (btw. who says that one cannot be creative with natural light!). Anyway, here comes a photo I took at a local belly dance meeting this spring. I used an off-camera flash (Canon 420EX set as a slave in group B) mounted on the stage in the top right corner on my Gorillapod SLR-zoom tripod. This set up was very easy and very quick. My on-camera flash Canon 580EX II with Lumiquest Mini Softbox was set as a master with ratio about 1:4 in order to provide some fill-in light. Finally, in postprocessing I used the brush tool in Lightroom to darken the corners of the picture and to create a nice spot-like circle around the dancer's feet. Camera spec: Canon 5D mark II with 24-105 4L at 84mm, F6.3 @ 1/200, ISO 800.

No comments: