Monday, December 28, 2009

Edgy

The more I play with my new Lensbaby Composer, the more I like it. The focusing is still quite tricky; I have become better in manual focusing on closer subjects, however, at longer distances using the life-view option works better for me. The photo above I took today during a short walk and I am amazed to see what possibilities this lens offers. It stays constantly on my camera these days. What I like probably most is that it forces me to think hard before taking a picture and manual focusing helps to slow me down. Today's photo was enhanced in Lightroom, I simply used the preset PH Edgy Church and adjusted little bit the curves afterwards. I think that it adds quite some artistic mood to the selective focus and I am happy about the final result. Camera spec: Canon 5D mark ii with Lensbaby Composer at 50mm, F5.6 @ 1/100, ISO 640.

No comments: