Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Tropical Paradise


Today I am blogging a photo I took two days ago after my arrival to Rio de Janeiro. The photo is taken from the top floor of the Military Institute of Engineering (IME) on a foggy day (unfortunately it has been raining cats and dogs since we arrived to Rio). I really like how the palmtrees are displayed over the ocean surface, giving it a nice contrast, complemented by the background hills partly covered in fog. The picture was enhanced in Lightroom, in particular I missed some element in the right-hand top corner, so I cloned there the three birds that add a final touch to the photo. In fact the original bird was at some other place on the photo, so I simply moved it to another position using the clone tool and replicated it tree times (see the original photo here). I think that the final result is very pleasing. Camera spec: Canon 20D with Canon 28-105 3.5-3.5 USM at 38mm, F8 @ 1/250, ISO 200.

No comments: